15 Feb / If You Want More Love In Your Life – Do This
This post is my invitation to you to intentionally contribute to allowing the world to be what it really is more of the time – Love. Knowing that what you give and put out into the world, you receive 1000-fold.
Love is truly available to each of us every day all day – if we are willing to notice it and take inspired action from it.
In fact, love exists right now in this very moment, inside your beating heart, inside the deep pools of your eyes. You don’t even have to think about it because love is already inside of you, waiting for you to discover it.
Marianne Williamson said: “The world is a holographic universe, with every piece containing the whole. An enchanted love, an awakened love, between two people is a blessing on the entire world.”
I believe enchanted, awakened love can exist between two human beings, human and animal, human and plant and so much more. We truly are a piece of the whole as Marianne describes and our expression of love can radically change the world. Since everything is energy – every action we take ripples out and has a profound impact on the whole world.
Below are some love actions you can take right now to do your part in contributing to the enchanted, awakened love fest that everyone deserves to experience. Try one activity listed below (or one of your own) every day this week and then consider extending it to the end of the month. Trust me, once you start, you won’t want to stop. You’re about to get even more hooked on love. Here we go:
• Write “I love you” on a Post-it note and strategically place it somewhere it will be found. This can be around your home, office or at a grocery store. You can also write a bunch of these with various love-inspired messages and leave them in random locations.
• Make a video on your iPhone, computer or camcorder telling someone you know how much they mean to you or what a positive impact they have had on your life. Then, post it on YouTube and send them the link. Bonus if it’s your boss or someone you haven’t connected with in a long time.
• Give a stranger a hug. Ask if it’s okay first (that is the loving thing to do). When they ask “why” tell them it’s in honor of Love Month.
• Put on your brightest red lipstick (yes, guys, you too) and kiss the mirror at home, at your office or randomly on a mirror somewhere you feel inspired. Extra props if you write “Love you! Xo” in red lipstick.
• Read a lovely love poem to your Beloved or your best friend or your favorite person in the world. Or the homeless man on the corner. I vote for Pablo Neruda and reading to a stranger.
• When at a coffee shop, restaurant, patisserie, etc. give the cashier an extra $5/10/20 to go towards whatever the next person orders. Say it’s because you want them to know they are loved.
• Stop and pet the first dog or cat that crosses your path. Tell him/her “I love you.”
• Go to the nearest mirror, make eye contact with yourself and say, “I love you _____ (insert your name here).” Repeat it until you feel the message of love in your body and your eyes well with tears.
• Write a love letter to your Beloved or someone you have been admiring for quite some time. Tell them how their presence in the world makes you feel. Mail it — even if you live in the same house.
• Write a letter “To Whomever May Find This” telling that person how amazing and special they are to this world. Fold it up and leave it on a café table or in a bathroom stall.
• If you see someone who looks sad or unhappy, close your eyes and see them surrounded in pink light. Imagine you are sending love from your heart to bless them.
• Stop and talk to a homeless person. If you choose to give them anything, do it with love and bless them.
• Sit down with a small child and ask them what love is. Be sure to record their answer or take notes. It’s going to be a good one.
• Go out and hug a tree. Kiss the tree too. Tell it how much you appreciate it and how much you love it. Bonus if, you touch every plant/bush and say “I love you” as well.
The list above should get you started and I’m sure it has already inspired countless other ideas for your own personal love fest. Let us know what actions you took in the comments below and how it felt to give love so unconditionally, so consistently.
Oh, and if I haven’t already mentioned it — I sure do love you.
For more by Heather Strang, click here.